AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha M-80 that was purchased in 1986. The amp has been a workhorse for me and has been repaired once in 1993 when a resistor on the output side gave it up. Fortunately the protection system kicked in and Spared my speakers. The amp has been well used, never abused. It has driven 2 pair of JBL L100T's and can play the Telarc 1812 overture with amazing volume..

I had the amp repaired and life went on until about 6 months ago when one of the channels suddenly lost about 10dB of output, but otherwise still functions.

This almost tells me that i've lost some power transistors on the final stage.

I would like to get this repaired, but cannot find a place I trust in KC.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Dennis,

I have two M-80's and two M-40's I'm using in my HT. Will be a sad day when they go South. These are great amps!!

I'd be interested in hearing what happened with the amp just in case something similar happens to one of mine.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Madcow, thanks for the tip on my Yamaha Amp repair. ESI did a great job on the amp. Its back to its old awesome self.

whoaru99:

The input side had a couple of capacitors that had overheated and had to be replaced. Its probably the result of a short period of heavy use early in its life...

Thanks again for the tip.

Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.