AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother is interested in buying a Yamaha RX-V2400 receiver. Which of the on-line dealers would be the best to buy from?

Thanks..........TK

·
Registered
201 Posts
Etronics.com is a decent site that sells the 2400. Keep in mind, however, that if you purchase this unit from a website. You will have no manufacturers warranty. Even Yamaha authorized dealers that have a website cannot sell the RX-V series over the internet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yamaklipsch:

not totally correct. abt electronics is an authorized yamaha dealer and the rx-v2400 can be purchased on-line from abt.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:
Even Yamaha authorized dealers that have a website cannot sell the RX-V series over the internet.

Maybe a dumb question, but... why is that?

Luck

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was at a local 6th Ave Electronics here in NJ who is an authorized Yamaha B&M. They used to sell the RX-V line on their site. A lot of AVS members purchased one from here. When it came time for me to purchase my 1400 I asked why it was not there anymore. They told me that they are NOT allowed to sell Yamaha RX-V models on their site. Only at their retail locations. Basically Yamaha had them remove these items from their website.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was not able to buy from ABT because I do not live in the Chicago area.

Afer a LOT of searching, I bought my RX-V2400 from Buy Rite Electronics

http://www.BuyRiteElectronics.com ] . They only had about 10 reviews on resellerratings.com, but all were "Very Satisfied." I had found them in an eBay search for the 2400. Their web site itself did not show the RX-V2400. I emailed them at [email protected] to ask if theirs had the DPLIIx. They answered:

--------------------------

Thank you for your email. The YAMAHA RXV2400 RECEIVER is in stock and can be shipped out immediately. The model we have in stock comes with Dolby Digital ProLogic IIx. If you have any more questions or wish to order this item then please call Customer Service toll free at 877.328.9748.

Your business is much appreciated.

Thank You,

Amanda

--------------------------

After thinking about it for another day, I called the above number and got Tony, who took my order. I might add that my experience with him was friendlier than my typical experience with a NYC area dealer. :) The total, including s/h, was 10c less than seven fifty. I ordered it on a Thu afternoon and rec'd it (in Arkansas) the next Thu. It was not double-boxed, but the Yamaha box was completely wrapped in brown paper. To my great relief, the box said it had the DPLIIx (there was a supplemental manual inside, too). :)

As far as I know, BuyRite is NOT an authorized Yamaha dealer, but I was able to save a considerable amount from the MSRP. So far, so good! :)

HTH,

Jim

·
Registered
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by yamaklipsch
Etronics.com is a decent site that sells the 2400. Keep in mind, however, that if you purchase this unit from a website. You will have no manufacturers warranty. Even Yamaha authorized dealers that have a website cannot sell the RX-V series over the internet.
I brought my RX-V2300 last May on E-Bay. Went to Yamaha's web site to register for the warranty. Everything went fine and also paid $39.99 for the extended 4 year warranty period.

Work that one out!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Please post links to where you registered your receiver and bought the extended warranty. I couldn't find them. TIA!

Jim

·
Registered
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jrh
Please post links to where you registered your receiver and bought the extended warranty. I couldn't find them. TIA!

Jim
Yamaha's web site lists the following as Authorized Internet Dealers.

Abt Electronics, Best Buy, J & R Music, One Call, Sears, Tweeter and Vanns. Mine is not on here but it came with all the authorizing documents.

I brought mine back last May and can not quite remember the process to get my warranty. I think I must of had some information to go onto a special part of Yamaha's web site to register. My warranty paperwork has at the bottom https:/ merchant.satisfausion.com/sf/warrantycenter/registration/secure/merchantregistrationbuyc .... the web address runs out , but this is the page where I selected the 4 years. Yamaha's name and symbol was at the top of the page as well as "Powered by Satisfusion".

You could try emailing my seller at [email protected] to check the warranty process. Hope this helps you out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.