AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a basic Yamaha HTiB receiver (the YHT-150 I believe) that is about 18 months old. Over the past two months or so it has been emitting a clicking noise, one that sounds almost exactly like the noise it makes when being turned on and off.

The noise does not affect anything, it is just annoying. The sound field does not change, no odd sounds come from the speakers, and it is not specific to any individual input. It's an equal opportunity pain in the ass.

Any ideas as to the cause or solution? Regardless, I hope to make a major upgrade later this year, I made this purchase simply to bridge the gap economically.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
It sounds like the power supply relay is faulty,a replacement will cost like $125.00

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. Since that is clearly something I cannot fix myself, I will do my best to not let it drive me insane. There is probably a 'get what you pay for' lesson in here somewhere, but I probably won't learn it. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.