AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sorry for my ignorance....

Bought a Samsung UN55F6300 smart tv. Had an older Sony receiver that didnt have HDMI. So I upgraded to the Yamaha RX-V375 receiver (cheap but, had 4 hdmi ports).

Have the TV working with cable box fine, cable remote will turn off the tv, and receiver, no issues.

My question is how do I send sound to the receiver from an online source like Netflix? I have was able to do this fine on the Sony, but when I change inputs on the receiver the TV turns off.

Is there a way for the TV sound to go through HDMI or amy I stuck using the audio out on the tv into the receiver?

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves100  /t/1519947/yamaha-rx-375-sound-for-netflix#post_24411103

Sorry for my ignorance....

Bought a Samsung UN55F6300 smart tv. Had an older Sony receiver that didnt have HDMI. So I upgraded to the Yamaha RX-V375 receiver (cheap but, had 4 hdmi ports).

Have the TV working with cable box fine, cable remote will turn off the tv, and receiver, no issues.

My question is how do I send sound to the receiver from an online source like Netflix? I have was able to do this fine on the Sony, but when I change inputs on the receiver the TV turns off.

Is there a way for the TV sound to go through HDMI or amy I stuck using the audio out on the tv into the receiver?

Thanks Steve
I had exactly the same situation when trying to play the built-in Pandora app on my smart TV. I found that if I hit the "Audio 1" button on the Yamaha remote right before clicking on the TV Pandora app it worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts