AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is getting close to decision time for me on a new AVR for a remodeled home theater room. The room is around 12' x 16'. Speakers will be Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 and this will be 75% movies/25% music. After much research, I have settled on Yamaha as the one to get. Budget is up to $1k. The question now is should I get the Aventage RX-A1050 or wait a few weeks for the new RX-V781 to be released? The features for these seem very close, the main differences seem to be ESS DAC in the Aventage vs. burr Brown in the RX-V and a handful of other minor things. The Aventage is currently ~$100 more. Could also look at the RX-A2050 if the price comes down a little bit.

Is the Aventage line actually better? I don't put much stock into the 5th foot they put on those, that feels like a gimmick. If it turns out to actually help, I can just buy ten rubber feet like that online for next to nothing and benefit even more. Any perspectives from anyone who really knows whether there is a difference between the RX-V and Aventage lines other than marketing would be most welcome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You would be better served getting the RX-A1050, even though it is last gen it still has Atmos and DTS:X. The V781 is actually the similar unit to the A-860 and not the 10X0 series.

It has better DAC, better warranty, better components.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I don't understand this practice of having only three hdmi inputs with 2.2, i noticed even the new onkyo 2016 rz series also has three inputs. I don't understand why that it. JD any insight on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
874 Posts
What do you guys need more than 2 or 3 HDCP 2.2 ports for? I can think of 2 videogame consoles and a standalone blu-ray player...what else?

Does ARC from say a KS8000 require a HDCP 2.2 port as well to stream HDR from netflix/Amazon?

I just can't fathom why anyone would need more than 3?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you guys need more than 2 or 3 HDCP 2.2 ports for? I can think of 2 videogame consoles and a standalone blu-ray player...what else?

Does ARC from say a KS8000 require a HDCP 2.2 port as well to stream HDR from netflix/Amazon?

I just can't fathom why anyone would need more than 3?
I have an Xbox One S, Playstation Pro, and nVidia Shield TV. All of those are HDCP 2.2 for 4k. I also have a Wii U, desktop, Steam Link, Vita TV, and NES Classic that do not need HDCP 2.2. However, fast forward 3-4 years; how do we know similar units won't require HDCP 2.2? In the transition from 1080p to 4k, there are few devices. However, there are apt to be more and more 4k devices in the upcoming years.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Totally understand, thanks for the explanation. I do all of my apps through the Xbox/TV so no need for a Firestick/Nvidia, etc.

Thank you again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts