AVS Forum banner

3961 - 3980 of 5388 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
My video is ahead of my sound. If I understand correctly, lip sync adjustments are for slowing down the sound? I would just try changing the settings but the lip sync menu is unaccessible (can't select it). I wrote Yamaha help and they were no help. Sound with discs seems good but Netflix, Amazon Prime, and cable thru the set top box all have a distracting delay of sound after video.

I recently added the Sony Disc Player and an Outlaw amp for my front channels. I can't swear when the problem started but thinking it was one or the either.

Any help appreciated.

Have you used MusicCast? If so, go into the app and change your AVR to 'lip sync' and not 'audio sync'.
Even if you haven't used MusicCast, try downloading it and giving it a nudge either way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you used MusicCast? If so, go into the app and change your AVR to 'lip sync' and not 'audio sync'.
Even if you haven't used MusicCast, try downloading it and giving it a nudge either way.
Thanks dunnersfella! So I went to test this and saw the firmware update so I decided to do that first. Low and behold, I can now reach my lip sync menu. What's more, the issue is gone with no adjustment required. I still went in and made the change you suggested as lip sync is much more important to me.

So thank you very much for the suggestion! I have my fingers crossed my issues are resolved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys got another question. I'm running a 5.1 setup through a Yamaha RX-A3070 receiver connected to a Sony 75X9000F. The problem I seem to be having is when I change inputs from say TV to the PS4 it changes to HDMI 3 pretty much straight away but then it sits there on a black screen for at least 5 seconds and says "No Signal. Check the external input or select another input using the INPUT buttons" before finally displaying the picture from the PS4/HDMI3. It's not a big deal but I don't think I remember having this issue with my old Yamaha RX-V2065 receiver or my old TV for that matter. Is it the receiver or the TV that is holding up the show? Any ideas on what causes this or how to fix it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Xbox One X with OLED55C7P

I've got an LG OLED55C7P & Yamaha A2070, and just picked an xbox one x. Figured I could go Xbox One X HDMI Out -> A2070 HDMI In (where the Yamaha's HDMI Out is into the tv. This is how my cable box is setup). But I'm getting no signal.

When I go directly from the Xbox into the tv, I do get video - but it's obviously without any benefits of my surround sound system.

I've had similar problems with a blu-ray player. But the player had HDMI's for video and audio - so I was able to get around this issue by using two HDMI's (one directly to the TV & one into the receiver). Since the Xbox one x has the single HDMI out, I'm at a bit of a loss.

Just wondering if anyone out there owns an Xbox One and/or LG TV & could provide some advice/tips/suggestions as to how you have your's setup?

Update: I'd heard of an HDMI "splitter", but upon a google search see some exist. Would that provide what I need (send the Xbox's HDMI out through a splitter - one to my TV and the other to the receiver)?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Anyone know where in Ontario, Canada, can I get a smokin' deal on a brand new Yamaha RX-A3070? I understand it is discontinued but I am more leaning towards this model than the 3080. I got into the market just as the 3070 was discontinued. Also - What is the difference between 2070 and 3070? 2070 is being offered new at $1299, but most places I know have 3070 at $2699, except one place with $2050 for 3070 (new).

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got an LG OLED55C7P & Yamaha A2070, and just picked an xbox one x. Figured I could go Xbox One X HDMI Out -> A2070 HDMI In (where the Yamaha's HDMI Out is into the tv. This is how my cable box is setup). But I'm getting no signal.

When I go directly from the Xbox into the tv, I do get video - but it's obviously without any benefits of my surround sound system.

I've had similar problems with a blu-ray player. But the player had HDMI's for video and audio - so I was able to get around this issue by using two HDMI's (one directly to the TV & one into the receiver). Since the Xbox one x has the single HDMI out, I'm at a bit of a loss.

Just wondering if anyone out there owns an Xbox One and/or LG TV & could provide some advice/tips/suggestions as to how you have your's setup?

Update: I'd heard of an HDMI "splitter", but upon a google search see some exist. Would that provide what I need (send the Xbox's HDMI out through a splitter - one to my TV and the other to the receiver)?
Apparently Ultra HD Deep Color needs to be turned off on the LG C7. Haven't really tested anything out yet (games or movies), but I'm on the xbox one x dashboard & do have audio (through my HT) + video.

Is there a reason the a2070 requires Deep Color be disabled? Is this a limitation of the receiver? When I bypass the receiver & go directly from the xbox -> LG C7, I can enable Deep Color.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello guys. I bought my 3070 about 4 months ago and I am just now getting use to it. I use to use my 3050 with my 3010 for my presence speakers. I have taken my 3050 into our living room with the Samsung K8500 which gives great sound and picture for our new TV. My wife loves it, so I am happy. My 3070 is now in my theater with my 3010 and with my antiquated speakers, I have never heard any music sound better, especially with the 5.1 CDs. Now comes the "now what". I have an old Yamaha center speaker and I would like to replace it with a new center speaker costing less than $200, if there is something out there. I also want to replace my rear surround speakers if there is a set for under $300. Any help out there? Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello guys. I bought my 3070 about 4 months ago and I am just now getting use to it. I use to use my 3050 with my 3010 for my presence speakers. I have taken my 3050 into our living room with the Samsung K8500 which gives great sound and picture for our new TV. My wife loves it, so I am happy. My 3070 is now in my theater with my 3010 and with my antiquated speakers, I have never heard any music sound better, especially with the 5.1 CDs. Now comes the "now what". I have an old Yamaha center speaker and I would like to replace it with a new center speaker costing less than $200, if there is something out there. I also want to replace my rear surround speakers if there is a set for under $300. Any help out there? Thanks.
Don't know where you are located, but if you are in northern Colorado, I have a Polk CSi A6 center speaker in excellent condition that I no longer use. Let me know if you have any interest. I purchased it from Crutchfield https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107CSIA6B/Polk-Audio-CSi-A6-Black.html
Jack

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apparently Ultra HD Deep Color needs to be turned off on the LG C7. Haven't really tested anything out yet (games or movies), but I'm on the xbox one x dashboard & do have audio (through my HT) + video.

Is there a reason the a2070 requires Deep Color be disabled? Is this a limitation of the receiver? When I bypass the receiver & go directly from the xbox -> LG C7, I can enable Deep Color.
For anyone who may find this helpful... This should have been obvious, but my issue was simply the HDMI running from the receiver's HDMI out to the LG. Picked up a new one last week (went with a Mediabridge off amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019EHU8G). Hooked it up, and am good to go (I'm now running both the xbox and bluray player directly into the yamaha - everything working as expected).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Help with A3070 Subwoofer hook-up

Hello all,

I just got an A3070 for around $1000 to replace my old Denon X4100. Im having trouble determining which pre-out to use for Sub LFE single line. I see there's both Sub (Front) and Sub(Back) PreOut but I am only using a single SVS sub. There is also a marking on the Surround Back Pre-Out next to the sub pre-outs that says (Single). Is that the one I should use for a single subwoofer under Surround Back?

Please help!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Hello all,

I just got an A3070 for around $1000 to replace my old Denon X4100. Im having trouble determining which pre-out to use for Sub LFE single line. I see there's both Sub (Front) and Sub(Back) PreOut but I am only using a single SVS sub. There is also a marking on the Surround Back Pre-Out next to the sub pre-outs that says (Single). Is that the one I should use for a single subwoofer under Surround Back?

Please help!
Use sub (front)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, I have the RX-2070. When I plug a subwoofer into sub 1 and sub 2, I'm loosing a significant amount of bass. When it's just one sub, its fine. Any idea's?

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Hey, I have the RX-2070. When I plug a subwoofer into sub 1 and sub 2, I'm loosing a significant amount of bass. When it's just one sub, its fine. Any idea's?
Make sure you configure the sub output to monoX2, setting is under Configuration/Layout/Subwoofer ... in the manual Pages 143-145
Dont' use Front and Rear, otherwise Sub2 won't be active when playing a 2Ch source (most music sources).

If you want to double the pre-out voltage from 1.0 to 2.0v,
and your subs have two RCA inputs, use a Y Splitter on each sub... (+6dB Gain)

:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Make sure you configure the sub output to monoX2, setting is under Configuration/Layout/Subwoofer ... in the manual Pages 143-145
Dont' use Front and Rear, otherwise Sub2 won't be active when playing a 2Ch source (most music sources).

If you want to double the pre-out voltage from 1.0 to 2.0v,
and your subs have two RCA inputs, use a Y Splitter on each sub... (+6dB Gain)

:)
If you’re doubling the preout voltage, would it sound better? Because don’t Marantz and Denon use 2.0v?

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
REW (Room EQ Wizard) is a free download, and when used with a Calibrated Mic,
is the Best way to measure your Rooms Frequency Response.

REW Quick Start Guide:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-audio-theory-setup-chat/1449924-simplified-rew-setup-use-usb-mic-hdmi-connection-including-measurement-techniques-how-interpret-graphs-10.html#post22823228

UMIK-1 Mic
https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1

A peak can be tamed with PEQ adjustments, but if you're main listening position is in a Nul, (dip on the graph)
You need to relocate one or both of your subs, add more subs, add room treatments and bass traps, or all of the above to correct it.
Keep running REW after each change until you get things leveled out.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
If you’re doubling the preout voltage, would it sound better? Because don’t Marantz and Denon use 2.0v?
It allows you to turn down the sub level in the AVR, (negative zone is preferred) and you don't need as much gain on the sub amp for the same output SPL
At reference volume levels you'll have more headroom and less chance of clipping the signal.

So Better? Yes, most definitely!

3961 - 3980 of 5388 Posts