AVS Forum banner

5241 - 5260 of 5386 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
It is frowned upon to double and triple post in multiple threads.
Sorry, I initially placed the 2070 question in the 2060 forum inappropriately. I guess I should have left it at that, especially since so many people have tried to help out.

·
Registered
18,019 Posts
Sorry, I initially placed the 2070 question in the 2060 forum inappropriately. I guess I should have left it at that, especially since so many people have tried to help out.
There's nothing left to do for you. Only you can make your system sound the way you like. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok so having a problem with my RX-A2070. I have 5.1 working great. Just added pool speakers (DefTek AWS6500). I wired them to Front Presence (Extra Speaker 1) posts with bananas, and went into Manual Config -> Power Assign to switch from Basic to 7.1 + 1 zone. I then turn on Zone 2, select an Input (cable box) and i get no sound.

Now I can switch the pool speakers from Front Precense to Front (L+R) and I immediately get sound so I know its not my speakers or wiring. What setting am I missing?

I am getting no sound from Zone 2 speakers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Need quick help please. If I’m only using 7.1 for the time being, how will the 3070 sound compared to an older but powerful Yamaha HTR 6090?

·
Registered
18,019 Posts
Need quick help please. If I’m only using 7.1 for the time being, how will the 3070 sound compared to an older but powerful Yamaha HTR 6090?
Impossible to answer. Only way for you to find out is to try it and listen for yourself.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
It is frowned upon to double and triple post in multiple threads.
I'm partly to blame here. I urged posting in the correct thread for X070 AVRS after discussion had already gotten underway in the X060 thread.
@marcosphoto, you need to carry on the discussion in the right thread, and stick to it. Yamaha owners' threads might seem interchangeable but when you're cross-posting, it robs you of readers' attention, and can tend to annoy people. Pick a horse, then ride it -- please. :)

Ok so having a problem with my RX-A2070. I have 5.1 working great. Just added pool speakers (DefTek AWS6500). I wired them to Front Presence (Extra Speaker 1) posts with bananas, and went into Manual Config -> Power Assign to switch from Basic to 7.1 + 1 zone. I then turn on Zone 2, select an Input (cable box) and i get no sound.

Now I can switch the pool speakers from Front Precense to Front (L+R) and I immediately get sound so I know its not my speakers or wiring. What setting am I missing?

I am getting no sound from Zone 2 speakers.
Not all inputs can be played in Zone 2 -- I think. Checked the manual yet? The 1070 manual jumps around from p 17 to 98, and so on, for what can and can't be place in Zone 2. Perhaps a 2070 owner can speak fr experience.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yamaha 2070 owner here. I just bought a 3080 for my home theater and am moving the 2070 up to my living room. I’d like to use the 2070 to pass through 1080i video from my STB (Telus Optik) and ATV to an ~7 year old plasma TV.

The old ATV will pass through but the STB will not. I get a message stating the HDMI port on the TV is not HDCP 2.2 compliant. This is really frustrating. I had an older Sony AVR that would pass through video to this TV w no problem. Now a newer AVR will not.

What happened to legacy protection?

Is there a work around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Yamaha 2070 owner here. I just bought a 3080 for my home theater and am moving the 2070 up to my living room. I’d like to use the 2070 to pass through 1080i video from my STB (Telus Optik) and ATV to an ~7 year old plasma TV.

The old ATV will pass through but the STB will not. I get a message stating the HDMI port on the TV is not HDCP 2.2 compliant. This is really frustrating. I had an older Sony AVR that would pass through video to this TV w no problem. Now a newer AVR will not.

What happened to legacy protection?

Is there a work around here?
Is the STB plugged into HDMI AV 1-7 in the back? Is the firmware up to date (entire chain: STB, AVR, TV)? Is the TV HDCP 2.2 compliant?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Everything is up to date AFAIK. I don’t think the TV is HDCP 2.2 compliant.

So essentially my AVR is “policing” this compliance?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
No, your set-top-box is. Remember that the HDMI handshake is end-to-end, so if the new STB is getting back the response that the TV is not HDCP 2.2 you'll get that message, which it's contractually-required to give, under the terms of its license to send UHD programming.

The older ATV isn't testing for 2.2, which is why it still works with that TV.

When it worked with the older AVR, were you sending that same STB, with the same settings, through the older AVR to that TV?

What happens if you tell the STB to limit its output to 1080, which is all the TV can handle anyway? (To get into its setup menus, you may have to temporarily plug it into your theater setup.)

Reactions: ChromeJob

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ok interesting comment.

I can connect my STB directly to the TV and it works fine. It’s the presence of the AVR in the middle that seems to be causing the handshake issue.

When connected through the AVR and booting up the STB will show the boot progress on the TV but once fully booted and connected it will not

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Was your 2070 set to upscale to 4K when it was in your theater? If so, what happens when you change that to 1080?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dolby Vision

Hello,

When I'm watching 4k dolby vision content (which seems to display properly) and then press either On Screen, Options or Display, the screen will show the Yamaha piano wallpaper and the appropriate menu. I can't see the movie being shown until I press one of those buttons again. Anyone else experience this?

This does not happen when 4k HDR content is being displayed and those buttons are pressed.

Using A2070,LG oled with sony x700 player.

Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ok interesting comment.

I can connect my STB directly to the TV and it works fine. It’s the presence of the AVR in the middle that seems to be causing the handshake issue.

When connected through the AVR and booting up the STB will show the boot progress on the TV but once fully booted and connected it will not

Try this. Set the receivier to Pass video in stand by. Power the receiver off. Wait about 15 secs For the video to pass through. Once it passes through power the receiver back on. I've been having the same handshake issues for a while. My xbox one x even has issues. Ive tried swapping cables and nothing works.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Try this. Set the receivier to Pass video in stand by. Power the receiver off. Wait about 15 secs For the video to pass through. Once it passes through power the receiver back on. I've been having the same handshake issues for a while. My xbox one x even has issues. Ive tried swapping cables and nothing works.

Yeah. My receiver has been set to pass through the video not upscale it.

I’ll try what the previous poster suggested.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Part number at that ReplacementRemoteControls link matches that at the Yamaha24x7 service site. Ordered one from the latter.

·
Registered
304 Posts

I’d like to re-visit this. How do I pass through video with the receiver (presumably the AVR) off??

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I’d like to re-visit this. How do I pass through video with the receiver (presumably the AVR) off??
It's in your manual, under "Standby Through." P. 131 in the 1070 OM for example.

Reactions: cbatc
5241 - 5260 of 5386 Posts