AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I've been using Roku 3 with RX-A550 for many years, recently at first it stopped responding to volume commands (it would occasionally stop controlling the volume, then it would work again) now the other day it stopped controlling everything altogether. It does not turn on the AVR (and TV) when I press home like it used to, and the screen keeps showing "Videoscore" instead of my custom name for input (Roku).

I ran the network update and it found an update and applied, that didn't fix.

I am desperate, I have to use 2 remotes now, I don't mind but kids wake up and can't turn on the TV like they used to because they can't reach TV's power button.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MrBobb
I can view the AVR via Web interface, that's a great suggestion. I will try that.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I reset the unit, before I restored my back up I tried it, it still would not let Roku control the volume. :(
It also does not switch inputs when I send a youtube video to my chromecast (it used to do that before) or switch to Roku when I hit Home button.
The input still says Videocore for some reason, and I can't see the AVR on Yamaha Receiver Controller app in Android (I used to have issue seeing the AVR time to time, but now I can't find it at all).

I have no problem connecting to the AVR setup using http with the IP Address, though.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Have you considered a whole house exorcism? Spirits are known to greatly dislike electronics.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried everythig, I shuffled cables, inputs, and now the same device (Roku 3) is showing "Videocore:2" and I still don't get CEC commands to pass through at all.
It's really weird. TV has nothing to do with this I believe since TV acts as "monitor" and not doing any ARC or control. Everything is done by Roku to AVR. Roku would normally turn on the AVR which in turn powered up the TV. Now if TV was a problem AVR would power on but not turn on the TV.
TV doesn't have factor reset option I believe, even if it does, I will lose my calibration which by the way gives me best picture I can see even on recent TVs.
I am not sure what to do, this is very inconvenient, and annoying to be honest. I love the Yamaha AVR gives excellent sound, but this HDMI issue is incredible that it developed and got worse over time.

It's not Roku because Chromecast doesn't switch inputs anymore either.
Does anyone want a lightly used Avantage AVR do you guys think I can get $200 or so for it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts