AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a yamaha rxv 375 and the crossover is starting to bug me. my speakers are capable of handling the lows down to 25hz and my receivers crossover only goes down to 40hz. it is very noticeable and it bugs me a lot. is there a way to bypass it? are there any receivers that do not have a crossover like this?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Why not set your speakers to large? And set 'subwoofer plus' to no. That way sub only gets LFE content, and you won't miss much bass content in the other channels.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did set them to large. the sub plus is not on my setup menu. i guess ill deal with it

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Sorry, it's 'extra bass', but it should default to off. Page 58 of the manual.

What are you listening to when you have the problem? If you have large fronts, and extra bass is off, your sub should only be getting LFE content, and the xover setting does not apply. If the problem occurs during movies, simply turn the sub level down until it sounds the way you like it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have extra bass on. thats the only way i can use my subs too on 2ch mode(90%of the time i use 2ch)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If you insist on using the sub listening to music with mains that extend down to 25Hz, then your only option is to reduce the level of the sub to your liking. You can also try setting your big speakers to small, and playing with the crossover point and sub level to see if you can achieve a sound more to your liking. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotInvolved  /t/1472103/yamaha-rx-v-375#post_23300358

i have extra bass on. thats the only way i can use my subs too on 2ch mode(90%of the time i use 2ch)
Setting your speakers to small will engage the sub on 2 channel music as well. You don't have to engage extra bass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your email and for your interest in Yamaha A/V & Hi-fi.

Unfortunatley our RX-V375 does not have the ability to have the OSD disabled, this feature starts a few models up from your receiver (RX-V675), sorry this was not the answer you were looking for.

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions or queries, pleased do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Yamaha Technical A/V

A/V & Hi-fi Technical Support Team

Yamaha Music Europe GmbH (UK)

Sherbourne Drive

Tilbrook

Milton Keynes

MK7 8BL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts