Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Yamahas new receivers RX-V 630 or 730? I'm building my first HT and the only (vital) thing missing right now is the amp, Yamaha always seem to get good reviews and the new 630/730 specs (e.g. real 6.1) look very good. Considering the price range, US$600-$700 here in Sweden, they have few contenders.

I've thoroughly searched the 'net for reviews but have so far come up with nothing (OK I've found one, but that had almost no useful info) ... So, if anyone has some real experience with a 630 and/or 730, please reply.

/dali

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are there really no RX-V 630/730 users out there? Or are they simply crap?

I'll probably go for Harman Kardon instead, their users seem happy with both hifi and HT. Or maybe Arcam AVR200, a bit more expensive, but a sure bet for hifi ...

/dali

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello

I got one of these - fed up with my marantz problems

Plus points -

the dsp mode home theater digital spectacle is now a good mode and better than the vanilla digital/dts enhanced

the surround steering is noticeable and very good indeed - helicopters now fly around the living room - ( marantz never really did that )

dolby pro-logic II music is great ( though not musical )

layer change is seamless - ( marantz why can't they do that )

Down points -

is not as musical as the Marantz in direct mode. I found the marantz direct for music really good without a feeling for greater music reproduction

Conclusion

If you watch movies the most it is a good buy - still not my final amp yet though

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello and thanks for your reply!

I've suspected that Yamaha is very good at HT but less-than-stellar at music, your experience confirms that. Unfortunately, I also want good hifi performance, so this reassures me that I should go for a Harman Kardon AVR 5500 instead of a Yamaha 630/730.

Again, thanks for your reply.

/dali

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.