AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old RX-V1400 receiver. I fouled up the settings recently and need to recalibrate but after all of this time I have some questions.

1) I run all of the speakers as "small"-should I go through the calibration on "auto" first, which will set most of my spkrs to Large, and then manually change it or manually set them as small before auto cal and skip the "size" section of the calibration?

2) What is the best setting to use for calibration: Front, Flat, Low, Mid, High, etc? I think I used Front in the past.

[/b]

Thanks

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Small is often best. Sometimes I run YPAO, then manually set the speakers to small.

2) There's no best setting. Try flat, which is trying to make your freq response flat and see how it sounds. Never understood the point to Front, and I am too tired to think about it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michael, I guess my biggest question is this-if I run the calibration with the speakers NOT set to small first and change them to small AFTER the cal, doesn't that totally foul up the whole thing? I would think running them AFTER being set to small would make more sense-?

Thanks for your input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.