AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new Yamaha RX-V1400. It has three OSD modes, Full (takes up the full screen), Short (displays text at bottom of screen), and Off. I'm using the component video monitor out.

I've found that the Short Display only works when the Input is set to a source that is a composite or S-video format that is being converted to component video. The Short Display doesn't work if you watch a DVD or other component video source. Strange considering the Full Screen mode works just fine.

Trying to confirm if this is just how the receiver works or if there is a problem with this unit.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yes unfortunately this is the case with my RX-V2400. I found this odd too when I purchased my unit back in October but my concerns were put to rest as everyone else who had this unit reported back the same result.

So in short, your unit's not defective.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the confirmation. This is dissapointing considering the display on the Yamaha is not that large or bright (compared to the new Harman Kardons at least). However, practically, the only thing that is changed on the receiver with any frequency is the volume and the input which having on-screen confirmation isn't really necessary. I'd use the full screen mode anyway when adjusting other parameters. Considering this is such a feature packed unit, I'm suprised Yamaha did this.

These units don't have a way to upgrade the programming do they to fix stuff like this? They should at least have covered this shortfall in the manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.