AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone else out there with this receiver sees the same thing I do. When I hook up a composite device to the receiver and the receiver is hooked up to the TV via S-Video, I find I get blown out highlights. They look posterized to me. And white text blooms (halos?) really bad. Any device that can send a composite signal does it (VCR, PS2, etc). And this issue includes the white text from the receiver menu as well which is wierd since it's connected to the TV via S-Video and shouldn't be doing it at all. S-Video in to S-Video out through the receiver is fine however. If all Yamaha RX-V1400 receivers do this then I'll live with it, but if it's just mine then I may need warranty work already. Thanks all!

·
Registered
14 Posts
yes, I experience similar issues with a composite connected VCR upconverted to SVIDEO. Fortunately, it's just the VCR in my case, and it gets very little use.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured as much so wasn't too worried about it. For me it's VCR and Playstation 2, and the PS2 was easily solved by getting an Mad Katz S-Video cable for it. And the VCR is being replaced by a PVR spring/summer so no biggy. Thanks for the reply! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.