AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Yamaha RXV1700 less than a year ago and I use a PS3 to play bluray movies. I have noticed that most new movies are in either Dolby True HD or DTS Master audio...which is not a feature of my reciever. I have read that I can set my PS3 to Bitstream and my reciever will produce the same quality audio as D True HD etc. Is this the case or do I need to get another reviever to take advantage of these audio formats.

Thanks

Alwayschasing!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I cannot answer your question (although I am disappointed ot hear that a unit that I too bought less than 2yrs ago is already looking like it's already outdated!).

Have you experienced white screen flashing when running your PS3 through your RX-V1700? I have and it's driving me mad. I am desparate to find out if there is a fix.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayschasing /forum/post/15451220

I purchased the Yamaha RXV1700 less than a year ago and I use a PS3 to play bluray movies. I have noticed that most new movies are in either Dolby True HD or DTS Master audio...which is not a feature of my reciever. I have read that I can set my PS3 to Bitstream and my reciever will produce the same quality audio as D True HD etc. Is this the case or do I need to get another reviever to take advantage of these audio formats.

Thanks

Alwayschasing!

What you want to do, is set your PS3 to output MPCM and connect it with HDMI. The PS3 decodes TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, and can send them via HDMI/MPCMl; in other words, you are set!

Note that the PS3 will not pass lossless bitstream so a new receiver will not help you.

Stick with your RX-V1700, it's a great receiver, I owned a 2700.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts