AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Yamaha tech support. When you listen to something in 5.1, the SBL and SBR speakers are silent. I do get sound out of the SL and SR speakers. This is normal. I wanted to get the same sound out of all four speakers. I also made it clear to tech support I did not want to screw up the sound I was getting off Blu-Ray discs because all the speakers are active. So tech support had me go to Audio Settings and then (E)Audio Set and change the choice from AUTO to PLIIxMovie and then go to (D)Initial Configuration and change the choice from AUTO to LAST. It did not work. Then when I put in a BluRay disc I LOST the rear channels (SL & SR). The little picture on the front of the receiver shows SR & SL lights are out. Not happy, I changed everything back to the original settings. Still no SL & SR with BluRay. Tech support told me to go to BASIC MENU and (A)Speaker Set. I had to activate the SL & SR speakers. When I did that all the speakers lights came on. Whe I exited the menu and started playing the disc THEY (SR & SL)WENT OUT! Tech support told me to call Monday and speak to a level two. ANYONE have any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dont mean to "hijack" a thread but i cant figure out how to post a new thread (newbie, be kind)

I have a yammy v1800 and had a question regarding speaker selection:

Should i go with the

Klipsch HD Theater 300 Home Theater System

High Definition 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System

one call. com

or

Fluance AVHTB+ Surround Sound Home Theater 5 Speaker System

fluance. com

sorry cant post url i guess

my problem is i dont understand the wattage and stuff. i think the amp can put out 130 per channel, but does that matter for speakers? i assume it does, i dont want to blow them out obviously. I dont want to spend more then $400, its entry level for a small living room in an apartment complex. I got the yammy on open item for around $400. It was a steal at best buy.

ANY help would be great. Ive read nothing but incredible things about about the Fluance. Great bang for your buck. Actually ive never seen such consistently positive reviews across so many websites. Please hit me with your thoughts on the above or something else that might be better.

Thanks

·
Registered
22,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dei08dei /forum/post/16926914

Tech support told me to go to BASIC MENU and (A)Speaker Set. I had to activate the SL & SR speakers. When I did that all the speakers lights came on. Whe I exited the menu and started playing the disc THEY (SR & SL)WENT OUT! Tech support told me to call Monday and speak to a level two.

Not familiar with that model per se, but all the others have an "Ext Surround" setting, and this is the only way to apply the PLIIx decoder to 5.1 sources. Also, the little speaker icons on the display are telling you what the input is, not the output, so they will always show 5.1 except on 6/7.1 sources. Check your manual's index under "Ext. Surround" or "Extended Surround".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts