AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Yamaha 2500 and have a few questions...

1. I have component and S-Video sources connected.

a. It appears the AVR does not do OSD over Component is this correct?

b. S-Video sources are not being sent over component....? Don't know why...?

** I have both a S-Video and Component runs going out to monitor, I have disconnected the S-Video to monitor and get no picture from S-Video sources.

** Monitor is Infocus Screenplay 4800 if that makes any difference.

2. As far as setting paramaters on the surround fields. The Sur Int Delay should this be set as the distance from the speaker to the wall behind it or set it as distance to the wall from seat.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had issue with vcr composite not correctly being converted to component with my V1500.

The avr did do OSD (setup menu) with component out. If you want OSD when you change something (sound type, input source), it has to be turned on along with upconvert.

I've come to conclusion - use avr for sound & connect video sources directly to tv.

I use an old rca cable for from avr to an unused tv input. Don't need component since it's just gray & white anyway.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After looking into this for a little bit I have found that it does not do OSD over progressive signals. Part of my problem was my projector. The inputs on the projector do not allow for a interlaced and progressive signal to come in on the same input. I had to use both inputs... OSD is working fine (Just can't see it over the progressive signal) As far as the part about sound fields.... can't seem to find anything definative on how to set the settings and have been experimenting with the effects each change causes...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sorry, can't help you there. I use YPAO & haven't wanted to get into it other than resetting the sub from 200hz to 120.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergusonv
b. S-Video sources are not being sent over component....? Don't know why...?

** I have both a S-Video and Component runs going out to monitor, I have disconnected the S-Video to monitor and get no picture from S-Video sources.
IIRC you have to turn video conversion "on" to get it to upconvert s-video to component (page 62 in the manual).

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bobgpsr,

I did have conversion on, reciever was working correctly, my projector just wouldnt display 480i on the input I had it connected to. For some odd reason the Infocus 4800 does not allow interlaced and progressive signals to share the same input.

Thanks again for everyones replies.. Seems even Yamaha does not have any detailed documentation on how to set the surround paramaters (room size, etc.) so I'll just adjust by ear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.