AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some troubles with the 2600 in just listening to music. I can't figure out quite how to make the subwoofer play on just 2ch stereo. I figure it can do it, but it's not doing it right now. I mean, it sounds great, but with bookshelf speakers, it just lacks a little low end for my taste w/o the subwoofer. Anyone help?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Was it working before or is the receiver new for you? Have you run setup manually or auto?

Check the V2600 sub cross over setting. It may be at 60 or 80 hz, maybe too low for you.

Turn up the sub volume?

Direct stereo cuts out the sub, 2ch stereo does not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, just got the receiver. Had an Onkyo before and the sub worked fine. Thanks for your help. I ran the auto setup mode this morning before work, so I didn't have too much time to test it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have the 5990 and having the same problem.. it was playing 2 days ago and now for some reason it wont play the sub on 2 channels.. i don't know what setting i made to make it do so.. let me know if you find the solution..

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
on my 2600, auto calibration set all channels to large no matter what. I had to go back and set them to small manualy. check to make sure yours are set to small otherwise the only sub youll get is on the LFE channel and if ur using a 2ch source then theres no LFE channel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
with the 2600 you have to set up the system by telling it not to look at just the LFE channel because as you might guess in stereo signals there is no LFE. There is a setting in there somewhere that you change from LFE to I forget off the top of my head, but as long as it isn't LFE then you will get the sub to work. I believe once you get it to this setting it allows you to set the crossover frequency as well. The 2600 is a very advanced unit for the price and allows a precise setup that most in it's price range will not. Long story short is read the instructions page by page this unit has a lot of behind the scenes features that most are not used to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.