AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been using my Yamaha for quite a few months now and I have some fairly powerful speakers that definitely require some more juice to let them loose. (Paradigm Studio 100's and CC-690). I was thinking of an anthem or rotel amp. Anyway, I was wondering how it would sound just as a processor. Would as an example, anthem AVM30 sound that much better? What do you guys think? Keep it as a processor? Or sell it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Judging by the audiohoics review of the Yamaha RX-V2700 some months ago, the unit boasts good specs to support an outboard amplifier.

Of course these days, the receiver has matured and comes with a ton of features. Many receiver features may give a processor a run for its money. Room correction/Auto Setup, HDMI 1.2, 1.3 in some cases (Onkyo), connections galore, learning remote control, etc, all make the receiver the Bear to beat.

But I suspect in the all important sound quality arena, the receiver is beaten out by a separate processor with high quality parts, dedicated boards, beefier power supplys, less going on in the same box, etc.

Although having room correction in a receiver may be more beneficial to us than the processors aforementioned strenghts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.