AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I received my little set up today (Yamaha RX-V2700 & Monitor Audio GS20, i connected everything up first normally, and it sounded good, then i bi-amped the speakers and i think it sounds the same, is there a way of seeing how different they sound?

And also guys do you think adding a GS LCR would make music listening experiance and film watching experience more enjoyable? or is there better speakers in that price range and for my amplifier?

Also the sound feels distorted once i go up to 0db? can that be? seeing as the speakers handle 150rms and amp is only 140 a channel?

if someone could help me out on these questions i would greatly appreciate it...

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I would not be surprised if it sounds the same!

For speaker advice, try the speaker forum.

0 dB could very well be at clipping, so that's not surprising. If you need more power, you may need to look at external amps.

-10 dB on my RX-V3900 while playing a CD in two channel mode is FREAKING loud. -15 dB is pushing 90 dB SPL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel such a noob, so u saying that its not the speakers that are sounding distorted with treble but the amp not feeding them enough power?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAving Yamaha RX-V2700 as my receiver, what would you recommend getting in order to get the full performance of my GS20...

Thanks

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Not sure what you don't understand. 0 dB on a receiver is very close to or past the point of clipping on Yamaha receivers. So yeah, I am guessing your are pushing near or into clipping, and hence getting distortion.

What SPL levels are you pushing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts