AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I hope someone can help me out here. It seems that I have a receiver that has never existed. I called up Yamaha USA to try to find out if there is firmware update for the RX-V2800 but they say that it has never existed, yet I have it. I know that it had existed on their website because I downloaded the firmware that fixed the DTS bomb glitch that the 1800/2800 series had. Anyhow, can someone confirm that this was actually released just so I know that I'm not losing my mind? Thanks.

Eric

·
Registered
14 Posts
Weird. I just checked their website and it isn't there, even in the archive. I have the RX-V2500.

I'm a psychiatrist, and though I can't say for sure without a full evaluation, I don't think you are loosing your mind...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL. I have no idea why I've had in my head that I have the RX-V2800. All of my components are in boxes right now and I'm preparing to program a new universal remote. I just went into my storage and checked the unit...It is actually the RX-V3800!!!! My bad. Let's close this thread now :p

Eric

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I saw the thread title and thought, hey, I never heard of that model, lol

The firmware does not update over the internet? Maybe they added that for the 3900.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I unfortunately have been home theater deprived for the past year. Got married, moved into a townhouse and had zero room to set up my components. Now that we're moving into a new abode, I have a dedicated home theater and taking the opportunity to dust off the boxes and get the gear going again...Hence my lapse in memory on the stuff I had. hehe.

·
Registered
67 Posts

My humble apologies, by god I have a Yamaha RX-V2600...May I be forgiven as I have 4 Yamaha units, plus Mc Intosh, Marantz and assorted stuff in my noise department...I am really glad you called my attention to that error in my system...Took the magnifying glass and at first these old eyes thought it was an, eight, but further look, yikes...Went to the big binder (I mean big) that my faith full companion wife files all the Hi-Fi stuff in, and right there before my eyes, RX-V2600 manual..I have to say you need a magnifying glass and a real hard look as it does look like an 8...So many thanks again. Now: onward, Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts