AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi,

I have been trying for a few months to fix my problem which is,

I have a PC and am using the motherboard Realtek Optical Out to my Yamaha RX-V375 AV 1 Optical In. The sound works great but I also like to be able to Record what I hear on the computer. No matter what I have tried has failed.

I am using Windows 8.1 and have enabled Stereo Mix

I have tried connecting cables from the Audio Out jacks of the receiver to the Line In of the motherboard and setting Line In as the Recording Device but it is also a Fail.

I am wondering if I have to select something on the Receiver to send the Audio out or does it automatically send the audio out if something is connected.

I also tried installing a Sound Blaster Extreme Gamer sound card and using it as the Line In ... Fail

I don't even know if I am getting a signal out of the Audio Out of the Receiver.

Is it even possible to Record what I hear on the computer using a Optical connection ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks, but I thought since I have an expensive receiver and a expensive computer that there must be someway to do this.

I have a program called Apowersoft Streaming Audio Recorder that will record my computer ... not just a website but it's a trial.

It says it is recording Realtek Digital Output (Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

I can not get Audacity to record anything and have tried every free audio recorder, the Apowersoft is the only one to work.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I probably don't quite understand what you are trying to do... have your tried using the output from the headphone jack? Further on a lot of receivers, you do have to select what you want on the output feeds.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
The link I gave you is a place to buy the software you need to do what you want to do. It costs $29.95 and it works like a charm. You launch the software and it allows you to record anything that passes through your sound card. You can save either an MP3 or WAV file at the output. That can later be converted to whatever you like. I use it (replay music) for recording albums from Spotify that I want to keep and listen to again in the future.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Second vote for Replay Music. Another option is that company's Replay Media Catcher. It can do audio recordings or pull audio directly out of browsers, which is great for many online radio stations/apps. That way you don't have to worry about any signal loss when trying to record from wiring across a line out/in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts