AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a set-up in one room that I am very happy with, a stereo receiver for my music and a separate 5.1 HT system for movies, and they are set up on different receivers. It's great and I love it.

However this is not ideal for every room. I am setting up a smaller system in another smaller room

I am currently looking at the Yamaha RX-V375 and have secured a set of Energy Take Classic 5.1 system. That would be great for my home theater set-up since the room is smaller, however I would also like to set up my pair of B&W 202i's for 2.0 music. I don't intend to listen to the Energy Take Classic system for music, only for Movies, so I'd like both sets of speakers to hook up to the receiver. Is this possible?

Basically can I set up a 5.1 speaker set and a 2.0 speaker set to the same receiver?

Since it is not my main system I am not intending to spend more for 2 receivers, I'd really like to get 1 if possible.

Sorry if this is a simple question, I just can't seem to find the answer for this.

EDIT: I know some receivers have speaker A & B options, but if it doesn't (or does this yamaha receiver have that?) is there another hookup I can use for my 2nd speaker set such as with analog or optical cables?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29,117 Posts

Quote:
I don't intend to listen to the Energy Take Classic system for music, only for Movies, so I'd like both sets of speakers to hook up to the receiver. Is this possible?

Basically can I set up a 5.1 speaker set and a 2.0 speaker set to the same receiver?

Nope, Look at the back of this receiver. This is not going to do what you want.

You could buy an older receiver with separate B speaker outputs. It would be a better performer than the entry level Yamaha anyway.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Denon-AVR-2809Cl-7-1-Channel-Multi-Zone-Home-Theater-device-/251479646426?pt=Receivers_Tuners&hash=item3a8d5ae0da

1 - 4 of 4 Posts