AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on rear suround speakers right speaker will be about 12' from my head the left rear will be about 3.5' from my head. the front speakers are about a equal distance from my head but if these can be tweeked to would be a bonus.

I don't have the speaker calibration mircrophone.

can I manuelly adjust the loudness of one indivduale rear speaker so the left closer speaker wiill sound even w/ the farther away right?

if this is possiable please eplain the procedure.

Edit I using a Harmony 700 to control the AVR and have full controll of the Yamahas menu.

link to my AVR

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v465_black__u/?mode=model

Thanks STB

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea it did kindof sound like I wanted someone to do my reading, actualley I was hoppeing that someone would know this right off the top of there head, I've had this AVR for only a year and a half haven't really read much of the manuel since it sounds good w/ the 3.1 speakers.

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
If you're going from 3 to 5 channel the surrounds aren't rears, they should be to the sides if possible. In 7 channel there are rear surrounds. You may also want to use the avr's remote...I never try adjusting that level of tweak with my Harmony on my avr.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I read the manual kindof cool AVR for a entry level.

I find B/level w/in setup which will supositly adjust volumne of each speaker. plus I found a way to lable each input device so I'll lable my BD player,PC, and 515.

OK the 5.1 surrounds are actualley side located speakers that good because my listening position lazy boy is on the back wall.

now I need to choose my side suround speakers to go w/ my Polk M30 fronts CS1 center and 1200 watt sub.

I'm inbetween Polk OW3 or the Polk RM6751.

Thanks STB

·
Banned
16,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethebrain  /t/1431473/yamaha-rx-v465-can-i-man...-of-one-indivduale-rear-speaker#post_22448227

well I read the manual kindof cool AVR for a entry level.

I find B/level w/in setup which will supositly adjust volumne of each speaker. plus I found a way to lable each input device so I'll lable my BD player,PC, and 515.

OK the 5.1 surrounds are actualley side located speakers that good because my listening position lazy boy is on the back wall.

now I need to choose my side suround speakers to go w/ my Polk M30 fronts CS1 center and 1200 watt sub.

I'm inbetween Polk OW3 or the Polk RM6751.

Thanks STB

Try using the speaker distance setting first then adjust level as needed. You can also find a replacement microphone (try ebay) if you want YPAO to do the settings. With your couch against the wall, you don't have a lot of choice on your surround positions, altho like your manual indicates you might want the L/R surrounds a bit back of your listening position. Surround speakers aren't too critical but I'd say the OWM3s look a bit better having larger drivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts