AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I am a 3D newb. I bought a Yamaha RX-465 receiver a year ago & after just now deciding that I want to buy a 3DTV, I found out that this receiver is supposedly not 3D capable. I realize that I could run the HDMI cable straight to the display, but then I would lose my HD audio. Does anyone know if there is a firmware upgrade that would solve this problem or will I have to buy a new receiver if I want to get into the world of 3D? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
22,495 Posts
Nothing you can do. You could get a 3D player with dual HDMI outputs, which is intended for just your situation. But frankly, high bitrate lossy audio via optical or coax from a BD player is pretty good and not the end of the world. Certainly good enough to hold you over while you ponder your options. And probably also good enough for the V465.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/0

Nothing you can do. You could get a 3D player with dual HDMI outputs, which is intended for just your situation. But frankly, high bitrate lossy audio via optical or coax from a BD player is pretty good and not the end of the world. Certainly good enough to hold you over while you ponder your options. And probably also good enough for the V465.

Unless it's a 7.1 receiver, I ve got a rx-v567 and it's firmware update allows 3d pass thru. U should check yamaha website for support of your receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.