Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all...

Components:

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V471

Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-S480

Plasma TV: LG 50PV-450

I am connecting HDMI from the blu-ray player to receiver and HDMI from receiver to TV. In order to stream Netflix, I have to select Netflix from the blu-ray home menu, which won't display on the TV. It is like the receiver doesn't see a video signal and therefore it doesn't show the menu on the TV. If I play an actual blu-ray movie, it works just fine.

If I can't get to work, I am stuck using HDMI from the blu-ray to TV and then back to receiver. I would rather have all inputs to the receiver and then to the TV.

I have scoured manuals for all three components and can't seem to find a setting that will fix this? Anybody with similar experience or have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
1) Are your cables HDMI 1.4 rated? Do you have extra HDMI cables to swap in?

2) Have you tried connecting the blu-ray player to a different HDMI-in port?

3) Can you get menus when there's a blu-ray disc in the player?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I tried some other cables, but I think I am looking at a connector problem on the blu-ray player. I noticed that the words "HDMI" and "OUT"....are not steady on. They blink on and off.

I moved the hdmi cable around to try to seat better on the connector. I can get the HDMI/OUT to stay on for the most part, but it still goes out.

I went back and tried a dvd (not a blu-ray) and the video cuts out as well....confirming a connector problem even more. I will go buy a brand new 1.4 just in case and try out.....or got to fix the connector.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts