AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i just finished mounting my tv and setting up my system. after hooking everything up i had to unplug all of the speakers from the receiver to fix a wiring mistake. when i plugged the receiver back in; the receiver would turn on for 4 seconds and then it would shut off. even after i would unplug everything still on and off. i have a polk audio surroundbar plugged into the receiver. after consulting the users manual for the receiver, it gave me four options:


1. The power cable is not connected or the plug is not completely inserted.


2. The speaker impedance setting is incorrect. Set the speaker impedance to match your speakers.


3. The protection circuitry has been activated. Make sure that all speaker wire connections on this unit and on all speakers are secure and that the wire

for each connection does not touch anything other than its respective connection.


4. This unit has been exposed to a strong external electric shock (such as lightning or strong static electricity). Set this unit to the standby mode, disconnect the power cable, plug it back in after 30 seconds and then use it normally.


It is definitely not 1, 3, or 4. i have restripped the ten speaker wires about 8 times and plugged them in. the results are nothing new, i have also followed the instructions on the user manual to change the speaker impedance from 6 to 8 with no avail.


i realize something probably needs to be repaired in the receiver to get it up and running again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,923 Posts
If you disconnect everything, speakers, source components, etc. and it still doing that, I guess you will have to have it serviced.


You could try disconnecting everything, leaving it unplugged overnight, and trying the next day. If it still does not properly power up after that, you probably need service.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top