AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When firing up my new 565 I put in a Blu-ray to enjoy the uncompressed sound and when I start watching the movie I occasionally notice the receiver had changed to stereo sound with just the L R icons on the display. Then I need to change it back to surround. It only happens at the start up of a movie. Is there any way to lock my preference in? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Could be some HDMI glitch. These seem all too common. I am not sure how to fix it, though.

I have not noticed these sorts of problems with my last two Yamaha HDMI receivers, but they changed HDMI chips in the x65 line.

I assume the movie has started? You will get different audio in menus and such. If it actually happens after you select play, it's likely an HDMI issue.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it was confusion in the decoding from the HDMI. I was just really hoping for a simple solution. If there is none, at least I feel I scored this one on a deal for 3 bills.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I enabled it to use that feature. It would be a shame if that's what was causing it. But it would make sense.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_v /forum/post/16999549

I enabled it to use that feature. It would be a shame if that's what was causing it. But it would make sense.

HDMI passthrough mode should only be active when the receiver is off.

HDMI audio to the TV can cause problems.

They should be separate settings, they are on my 3900.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Equipment:

Direct TV HD receiver

Yamaha RX-V565 receiver

Samsung UN55B6000 TV

How I have things connected:

I have an HDMI cable going from my Direct TV receiver to my Yamaha receiver in input 1. I have an HDMI cable going from my Yamana receiver output to the input of my TV.

Problem:

I am unable to get sound to my TV when connected to the Yamaha receiver.

Any assistances would be greatly appreciated as I now have a great picture with no sound!

·
Registered
360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstoy /forum/post/17223060

Equipment:

Direct TV HD receiver

Yamaha RX-V565 receiver

Samsung UN55B6000 TV

How I have things connected:

I have an HDMI cable going from my Direct TV receiver to my Yamaha receiver in input 1. I have an HDMI cable going from my Yamana receiver output to the input of my TV.

Problem:

I am unable to get sound to my TV when connected to the Yamaha receiver.

Any assistances would be greatly appreciated as I now have a great picture with no sound!

You can set the audio to amp + tv but only 2 channel PCM can be passed in that case.

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Equipment:

Receiver Yamaha RX-V565

7.1 speaker system

Front Speakers RC85i

Side and back speakers RC65i

Polk 12" sub

Problem:

I'm trying to run the Yamaha Parametric Optimizer (YPAO) and when it starts to do test tones on the first speaker "that being the left front speaker" the receiver cuts off when it gets to tone number 10. I then have to start the whole process over with the same results.

Any assistance that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts