AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a new 5.1 setup.

I purchased the Pioneer FS-52 speakers and the Center channel, I have some dayton surrounds, and also a dayton 12" powered sub.

I am looking at spending $250-$300 for the receiver.

I like both the Yamaha and Pioneer. Any thoughts on which one would be a better fit?

I can get the Yamaha on Amazon for $299 refurb, or I can try to find the Pioneer at Best Buy on open box (I saw one on Sunday, but didn't pull the trigger... went back today and they raised the price to $415).

What is the better receiver? What is the better deal?

I will be watching movies on Blue Ray, Streaming from netflix and other home server videos. Listening to internet radio (spotify or some other streaming service). It would be nice to be able to listen to my iphone, but not a must have.

Thoughts?

Is there another receiver that is better in this price range? (I don't want an Onkyo or Denon)

·
Registered
29,113 Posts
both of them have Airplay so it shouldn't be a problem streaming your iPhone as long as your receiver has a network connection.

Take your pick, looks like they will both do what you want.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it was a safe bet with both of these units. Has anybody bought either of these recently? What has the best deals been?

I was reading about some guy on a deal website claiming he paid $200 at BB for an open box. (scanned the receipt to prove it).

Does the yamaha ever go on sale? Any chance I can get a 675 in the $200-$300 price range?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts