AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the two I have picked out so far, they are almost the same from what I can tell, except the 630 is 6.1 (which is neither good or bad) I dont plan on using it.

I will be using either of them for some general HT until I start my seperates journey.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't overlook the Yamaha HTR line.

5560 should be functionally equiv to the 630, and you can often get them for a song at Best Buy with some price matching persistence :)

If you are looking for HT only for now, and can deal with the few smaller things the RX line has over the sister model in the HTR line (remote, OSD to name a few) it may be an good place holder for you until you move up.

Myself, I went with a 5560 for now. Someday I would like to add a separate amp: the 5560 has pre-outs which sold me on it that price range.

- b

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The 630 doesn't have on-screen display, the 730 does. I would definitely take the 630 over the Sony 885 though. You might not plan on using 6.1 but it will be there when you do (and you should now btw). Plus you will get much better detail and clarity with the Yamaha, not to mention imaging and reliability. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.