AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor wants to buy my old Yamaha RX-V659 which is in pristine condition (I only used it about 4 months tops). It's in the original box with everything that came with it and looks barnd new. How much is it worth?

·
Registered
29,499 Posts
No HDMI inputs reduces the value but its a nice 2006-7 receiver. I like the fact that it has preouts for an external amp.

Quick Craigislist search showed them as low as $200 and as high as $300. No way I'd pay $300 because you can get an entry level Denon 3 HDMI input receiver with TrueHD and DTS-MA decoding and Audyssey MultiEQ for that price.

I think you could probably get $200-225 without much problem. Maybe a little more.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
The 659 was the most powerful x65 receiver in recent history. In perfect working condition I would personally pay you $250 for it.

You should point this out when selling it to your neighbor. You can also mention that my 657 has been powered up almost continuously since May 2005 and still works perfectly (and it's likely very similar.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.