AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a yamaha rx-v661 from best buy about 2-3 weeks ago. my b&w speakers finally came in a last week, so i set everything up over the weekend.

everything sounds great. however, the receiver seems to only respond to the remote very sporadically. i switched out the batteries, etc.

then i programmed my directv remote so that i could see if it was having the same problem. at first it adjusted the volume, but after a little while it was having the same problems as the yamaha remote.

i'm new at all this, and this is our first "real" (kinda) home theatre system. should i assume that the remotes are fine and it's the receiver that has the problems?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you have used 2 different remotes with the same result, I would say it is probably the reciever. If you are within the 30 day return period exchange it for a new one. They should have them in stock and as long as you have the reciept(or paid w/ a check or credit card) exchanges are usually no hassle. We have a couple of 661's on display in my store and have not had that issue with the remote. Hope everything works out for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.