AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super newbi here. My 663 was new, and was "B" stock. It had set for sometime new in box, untill our new home was finished--what I'm saying is I have NO warrenty.

We had been using for a few months with TV, and satalite, hooked up by HDMI. Then a week ago we bought a new blu-ray, LG 370 and plugged into the HDMI marked for DVD.

What a shame, as the HDMI port is/has bad connection--and appears to be (like a loose connection) I have fiddled with it quite a bit--and it seems kaput!!

After all that, here is the question!!

What to do?? can I get a splitter of some sort to share the Satalite HDMI-and put both Satalite and DVD on same port, as both would not be used at same time??

Open to any idea's--thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If the satelitte has component outputs you could run those to the RX-V663 along with coaxial or optical audio and use the sat HDMI input for the DVD player. Might be easier than using a switch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well I love my 663 and my YAMAHA NS-777 speakers love it to. distortion I have no distortion at full volume. my speakers are 6 ohm so they make up for the power. I will give you the HDMI menu interruption I dont like that to. but I dont use it much. all in all buy it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts