AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea which would be better? I am looking in the $400 range... I am coming from a Yamaha htr-5150 which has worked well. I want it to run cable dvr/dtv dvr, wii, blu ray, and maybe one other device. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
If you were happy with your Yamaha then maybe stick with the new Yamaha receiver as it will be the easiest for you to learn.

If the Audyssey features are something you want then go with Onkyo or Denon.

All of these receivers are pretty similar in performance and features....so it's almost a coin flip imo.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
if you were happy with your yamaha then maybe stick with the new yamaha receiver

+1

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do like my yamaha but have heard good things about this onyyo. Also i think the onkyo has on screen display.. I wonder if it will show the volume when i am increasing it.. I know the yamaha does not.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any other thoughts on these two receivers? What do you think is better for the $$ a $289 Yamaha or a $340 Onkyo ?

I am trying to decide if I should upgrade from my Yamaha htr-5150

·
Registered
174 Posts
Those prices seem low...but if you can get the Yamaha for $289, that's what I'd do. I can get either of these with some Amex points (equal amounts)...and can't decide between the two.

I'm coming from a Marantz SR7000...and only am really upgrading to simplify the setup (HDMI switching, etc)....and can't afford the Marantz equivalent upgrade.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantwolf /forum/post/17080668

Those prices seem low...but if you can get the Yamaha for $289, that's what I'd do. I can get either of these with some Amex points (equal amounts)...and can't decide between the two.

I'm coming from a Marantz SR7000...and only am really upgrading to simplify the setup (HDMI switching, etc)....and can't afford the Marantz equivalent upgrade.

Here's a Marantz that you may want to consider.

http://us.marantz.com/Products/2926.asp#

Street price should be lower.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts