Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pioneer VSX-1019AH

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a yammy and like it. I do not like having to change the volume for dialogue vs action scenes so if either of these would help with that, it would be a higher choice. I do have an iphone so the pioneer is slightly better because i dont have to purchase something more but that is not a deal winner or breaker.

I have Boston Acoustics cubes with subwoofer. I am going to do 5.1 initially until I buy better speakers for 7.1. Which of these two receivers are better?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
The Pioneer will have a little more power in real world terms. Yamaha doesn't test well in their lower end models, but they do have pre-outs if you ever wanted to add a separate amplifier. Pioneer doesn't have pre-outs.

Both are loaded with features. The USB is a very nice feature if you will use it. You could chose from those two, Denon, Onkyo, whatever and they will all perform virtually the same. It comes down to preference with features. They all are a little different. Hell, go with the one you think looks best if you cannot decide. You will have to look at it.

I picked the Pioneer because I used to have one and really liked it. Served me well for 10 years. I currently run Onkyo (2nd straight) and would also recommend them as I am very happy. I would stay away from Sony for the opposite reason (didn't like mine at all).

·
Registered
217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfsu /forum/post/16976521

I currently have a yammy and like it. I do not like having to change the volume for dialogue vs action scenes so if either of these would help with that, it would be a higher choice. I do have an iphone so the pioneer is slightly better because i dont have to purchase something more but that is not a deal winner or breaker.

I have Boston Acoustics cubes with subwoofer. I am going to do 5.1 initially until I buy better speakers for 7.1. Which of these two receivers are better?

If you use the HDMI inputs I know the Pioneer will make your color look more saturated. I dont know why it does this or if there is a way to adjust it, I have not found a way yet. I dont know if the Yamaha does this.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I chose the Yammie for the pre-outs. Any power advantage the Pioneer has is negligible at best. If you ever wanted more power, you could always add an external amp with the Yammie. With the pioneer, you be would stuck and forced to buy a new receiver. Feature wise they are both similar so that would be a wash for me.

I am not sure how much the Pioneer is selling for, but I picked up a new 665 for 325 shipped at 6ave.com.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuan209 /forum/post/16986842

I chose the Yammie for the pre-outs. Any power advantage the Pioneer has is negligible at best. If you ever wanted more power, you could always add an external amp with the Yammie. With the pioneer, you be would stuck and forced to buy a new receiver. Feature wise they are both similar so that would be a wash for me.

I am not sure how much the Pioneer is selling for, but I picked up a new 665 for 325 shipped at 6ave.com.

How and when did you get that deal? It is showing 499 on the website now.

·
Registered
29,111 Posts
Sounds like you want people to tell you to buy the Yammy. If you're leaning that way, just buy it.

Just get what you want, its your money.

What scares me about the Yamaha 665 is that somehow they managed to trim off 7lbs from the previous model RX-V663. That's a red flag which may mean they skimped on the power supply.

Even worse the VSX-1019 is 10lbs lighter than its predecessor the VSX-1018.

Sounds like money is the biggest factor for you, so get your discounted Yamaha.

I'd opt for the VSX-9130 myself if you're comparing pioneer and yamaha.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...H-K.Shop?tab=D

·
Registered
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/16992704

Sounds like you want people to tell you to buy the Yammy. If you're leaning that way, just buy it.

I think he wants information on why to choose either one rather than just taking the results of a vote and buying what other people tell him to buy. Maybe making this a poll is working against that.

I'd lean toward the Yamaha if I planned to make use of the pre-outs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am leaving towards the yamaha because i can get it for 289. about 100 cheaper than the pioneers. But I do want to have a nice receiver that will last 5-10 yrs.
So an additional 100-150 is not an issue. I appreciate all the replies and keep them coming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts