AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the yamaha rxv665 in action? I've been shopping around for it, and i see 6th ave has it for $499. I did find it elsewhere for $389 w/ shipping. I've read reviews and i find it a little difficult to find the answer i'm looking for. Help please?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
What question do you have? What type of speakers do you have? How big is your room? How loud do you listen? I ask because the 665 isn't exactly a powerhouse and if you have a large room, inefficient speakers, or listen at loud volumes you may be better going elsewhere. 5 channels driven the Yamaha is about 30w/channel. This may be enough depending on the questions above.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
There's a whole thread about the 665. Did you look at it? There's also a review of it somewhere you can see online. I also notice how you say you have a question you did not get an answer to. But I saw no mention of your question.

I will let you know that people can't read minds on this forum. Well, I don't think they can, anyway

·
Registered
3,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/16919587

There's a whole thread about the 665. Did you look at it? There's also a review of it somewhere you can see online. I also notice how you say you have a question you did not get an answer to. But I saw no mention of your question.

I will let you know that people can't read minds on this forum. Well, I don't think they can, anyway

Michael you could of gave him the answer he needed. You are a Yamaha junkie and know a lot about most of their line. I personally don't like their low end stuff as a stand alone unit. As a pre-pro they are a wonderful value that is unmatched at the prices they sell for.

We should start a thread on mind reading as I am sure some of the members on here could help with that!

·
Registered
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromodynamic /forum/post/16919399

Has anyone seen the yamaha rxv665 in action? I've been shopping around for it, and i see 6th ave has it for $499. I did find it elsewhere for $389 w/ shipping. I've read reviews and i find it a little difficult to find the answer i'm looking for. Help please?

A friend of mine has the 665 in a small apartment and it is adequate. I picked up the 765 online for less ( approx. $450) than he paid for the 665. Mine is a pretty decent sized living roon and the 765 is definitely a step up and does a good job w/ Klipsch RF-62 and RF series center and surrounds plus a Velodyne sub.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/16919749

Michael you could of gave him the answer he needed. You are a Yamaha junkie and know a lot about most of their line. I personally don't like their low end stuff as a stand alone unit. As a pre-pro they are a wonderful value that is unmatched at the prices they sell for.

We should start a thread on mind reading as I am sure some of the members on here could help with that!

Well, I kind of thought he would follow up with his question
Maybe my reply was a bit harsh though
Sometimes I think people feel THEIR time is more valuable than the time of the people answering their question. So rather than carefully editing their post for clarity and brevity, they want US to figure out what they mean so we can help THEM. Seems a bit unfair sometimes

·
Registered
635 Posts
I see newegg.com has it for a good price. I am concerned by a couple of reviews there that listed the volume/lack of power being a "CON".

·
Registered
635 Posts
So much for the good price at Newegg.com. Yesterday they had it for $130 off the regular price; today that discount is gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.