AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Long time reader but registered an account tonight beause I bought a used amp of this model today.
It worked fine and I even went through the YPOS thing and tried a movie but I decided I was going to update the firmware, which you do by burning an audio CD and playing it through a CD player or Blu-Ray player. I did that and it found the CD and started playing it but instead of steps of completion on the LCD I got a bunch of weird HEX characters. It went through it all, said it didn't work and I restarted the machine only to find that I got sound form my inputs but no picture.
I was able to go into the menu where you can see what firmware you have and it said error. I ran the CD again and not I get no picture nor audio, but it turns on fine and I can change the inputs and such on the LCD display.

The problem is, I can't get into the mode where you reset it to factory settings again. It just shows a $ sign quickly then shuts off. I can get into the diagnostics menus alright but I don't know exactly what I can do there despite having read the service manual. Are there any other ways of doing a factory reset or downgrading the firmware somehow without having to go into that menu?

Would really appreciate some help cause I can't seem to find anyone else who's had the same problems.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, if anyone is interested I found an alternative way of entering the update mode: if you unplug the receiver, then hold the TUNING button and then plug the receiver in you will automatically reach the CDDA update mode.Then you use your burned CD and press PLAY in your CD/Blu-ray/DVD player and it will start updating.

Hope this helps someone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts