AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently bought the v677 receiver and have been using it for a few weeks, all HDMI sources (Apple TV/Roku/PS3 etc) work fine. Today, I tried connecting my Wii via its AV Component cables to the receiver. The v677 only has 2 AV Component video and 2 audio inputs. I first plugged in the cables into AV 1 and Audio 1; when I turn on the wii and the receiver, the audio plays through the speaker, but there is no video being detected from the component video port. I made sure that I properly combined the video and audio inputs as one source, putting Audio 1 with AV 1 and Audio 2 with AV 2. I unplugged, and replugged multiple times, and I even tried the AV 2 and audio 2 inputs, with the same result: regular audio input is being detected fine and played through, but the receiver just isn't recognizing any video. A couple of times the screen turned black as I turned on the wii, as if the receiver was about to display the video output from the wii, but it reverts to the Yamaha background. I tried to see if it was a problem with the cables, and I connected the Wii to my tv directly, and there was no problem; both audio and video played back fine. Do any of you know what's going on?

Also, in the past month, about 3 times the video output from the receiver to the tv turns off for a few brief moments before resuming, but the audio output has no problems. I looked online at the Amazon reviews, and it appears to be a common issue, even though the rating is 4.5 stars. Does anyone know if Yamaha offers any refund/exchange?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does this mean every time I want to use the wii, I have to change the input of my tv, since the signal won't go through the main hdmi connecting the receiver to the tv? Are you sure?

Thanks, I just posted my question in the thread you recommended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts