AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, so please let me know if it is the wrong place i have posted.

I just bought a Yamaha RX-v765 and it just work perfect, but i have one problem, i can't get the yamaha to play both video and audio at the same time from my Apple Mac Mini..

The Apple Mac Mini is connectet with to cable..

The first is a video cable (mini DVI --> HDMI)

The second is an Toslink - MiniToslink http://www.av-connection.dk/Include/...asp?PicID=6694

The video cable is plug in to HDMI (see below)

The audio cable is plug in to AV 1(opticel) (see below, in the left down corner).

Is there a work around to my problem..

The back panel of the yamaha:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Have you configured the optical input to be the sound source for the HDMI input you are using? If not, then you need to read the manual to see how to assign an audio input to an HDMI source.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by efbfan /forum/post/18309813

I'm new here, so please let me know if it is the wrong place i have posted.

I just bought a Yamaha RX-v765 and it just work perfect, but i have one problem, i can't get the yamaha to play both video and audio at the same time from my Apple Mac Mini..

The Apple Mac Mini is connectet with to cable..

The first is a video cable (mini DVI --> HDMI)

The second is an Toslink - MiniToslink http://www.av-connection.dk/Include/...asp?PicID=6694

The video cable is plug in to HDMI (see below)

The audio cable is plug in to AV 1(opticel) (see below, in the left down corner).

Is there a work around to my problem..

The back panel of the yamaha:

You will have to bitstream the optical audio as the graphics card has no audio output. Sorry I am not very familiar with mac os device manager.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I have a Yamaha RX-V1800, and it has the option to assign audio to each HDMI input. I do not see that in the manual for the RX-V765.

If you have an extra HDMI input on your TV, then you can run the video to the TV and the audio through the Yamaha. That's how I have my mini hooked up because I've used all of the HDMI inputs on my Yamaha.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpco /forum/post/18313429

I have a Yamaha RX-V1800, and it has the option to assign audio to each HDMI input. I do not see that in the manual for the RX-V765.

If you have an extra HDMI input on your TV, then you can run the video to the TV and the audio through the Yamaha. That's how I have my mini hooked up because I've used all of the HDMI inputs on my Yamaha.

I have the 1800 and 1065 and the 765 I have done it on the 1800 and the 1065. I have not tried it on the 765v but I do have a Wii hooked up to it I forget how If I remember right its not HDMI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Yamaha RX-V465 and it is pretty much the same as V765

I tried plug dvi-video from mac mini 2006 to hdmi4 and toslink to AV4 but cannot figure out how to map audio or join them together on Yamaha's menu. All i got is video on HDMI4 or audio on AV4.
Is there anything i need to do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
great, then you can run the video to the TV and the audio through the Yamaha. That's how I have my mini hooked up because I've used all of the HDMI inputs on my Yamaha.thank you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have Yamaha RX-V465 and it is pretty much the same as V765

I tried plug dvi-video from mac mini 2006 to hdmi4 and toslink to AV4 but cannot figure out how to map audio or join them together on Yamaha's menu. All i got is video on HDMI4 or audio on AV4.
Is there anything i need to do?
I have this exact same setup (ca. 2006 Mac Mini and Yamaha RX-V765), and I actually found the solution on this forum, however many years ago.

HDMI 4 will map to AV4 if you have the correct firmware update on the Yamaha.

(At the time I did it, you could download the firmware update. I had some problems with this and ended up taking the receiver to a service center for the upgrade, which was free.)

Once the firmware is updated, you connect video through the Mac's DVI to HDMI 4 (with the appropriate DVI>HDMI adapter, of course) and for audio, toslink from the Mac to AVI4. These connections are fixed, i.e., you must use AV 4 and HDMI 4 rather than any other open connections (Say, HDMI 2 and AV3). In use, select the inputs and you're good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts