AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I am running my V765 in full-range stereo mode with pre-amp outs going to a Behringer A500 amp. No other speakers are connected, just using the front R/L preamp RCA outputs to go to the A500. My speakers are a Dayton Classic WMTMW (see my build thread). (also Panasonic Bluray connected with HDMI, RX at -20dB volume, A500 about 50% gain, Amp and RX are on separate 20A circuits)

I encounter the problem at movie scenes with high volumes, most recently the end of 'How to Train Your Dragon' when the large dragon smashes into the ground. During the loud scene the receiver trips off right at the peak volume. The unit is not warm, and turns back on with no problems after the loud scene is over. The A500 does not seem to clip, according to the lights. I can replicate this problem easily.

It's confusing to me, since the receiver is not driving anything other than the 2 preamp outputs. The unit is out of warranty, so any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

·
The Village Idiot
9,678 Posts
Turn the gain up on the A500 to 100%. Your preamp's power supply is being overloaded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts