AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE THE Yamaha RXV867 doesn't gets no video from Xbox 360, just sound ONLY MY PS3 WORK FINE. I GET NO VIDEO FROM XBOX OR PC.

CAN ANYONE HELP TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE

MY FW 2.16

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was having the same issue. The only way I could get the v867 to display properly with the component cables plugged into the receiver was by setting the xbox component cable output to standard TV (this is a switch found on the cable itself next to where it plugs into the xbox), and then letting the receiver convert the signal up to 1080P...

However, this caused the image to look too grainy IMHO. So, I just plugged the component directly to the TV, and bypassed the receiver for the video. This way the image looked crystal clear. However, you'll still need to run either the L/R audio cables or optical cable (recommended) to the receiver for sound.

A bit of a side note...After searching the issue online. A newegger review mentioned this same issue, and said Yamaha CS got back with him and recommended he performed what the newegger called "display discovery". He didnt go into alot of details, just mentioning that phrase. Apparently it solved his issue. I've looked every where and can find no mention of this in the manual or online. Perhaps a more knowledgeable member can comment on this method???

If it is an HDMI issue, I can't comment. Some suggest trying other inputs.

By the by, if you fixed the issue...Please post how you did so...Either here or in the owners thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the fix for xbox360 from Yamaha Customer Support Team.

Work perfect for me.

Go into:

XBOX360

system settings...console settings...display...display discovery

turn off display discovery and see if that helps.

The Yamaha Customer Support Team

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullymom /forum/post/20899121

Is this display discovery done from the xbox or the receiver?

Thanks!

Turn off display discovery from the Xbox360 it will fix the problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well my xbox doesn't have display discovery in console settings so I guess I'll need to just run it straight to the TV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have xbox 360 slim?
, I think that all xbox360's OS are the same, I have xbox 360 slim and display discovery is there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts