AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled this old receiver out of storage to give to a friend and I'm having one issue with it. I get sound through it, but I am unable to adjust the volume. It sounds great, but it's pretty much useless without volume control. I'm aware of the on screen menus, but I think I may have lost the remote. I had a basement flood a few years back and it may have been one of the victims. Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I suggest trying a cheap universal remote control.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwump69 /forum/post/18262426

Anyone else have any ideas?

So, you get no volume increase or decrease by turning the volume knob ? Why would the remote help in this case ?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx /forum/post/18262546

So, you get no volume increase or decrease by turning the volume knob ? Why would the remote help in this case ?

Because volume controls on many AVRs are just knobs with the actual volume control done by an electronic chip.

If the knob does not work, and that's the only problem, a universal remote might work

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/18262556

Because volume controls on many AVRs are just knobs with the actual volume control done by an electronic chip.

If the knob does not work, and that's the only problem, a universal remote might work

Not on the 990. The knob rotates with the remote.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Might be junk then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts