Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this group and have been looking at the different posts on the Yamaha RX-Z1 and the Sony STR-DA7ES.

I am aware that they are not in the same price category, but I was hoping that someone would be able to shed some light on what I am trading off by going with the lower-end Sony.

I have a Sony DVP-NS999ES DVD player and Pardigm Cinema series speakers. I am replacing a Yamaha rx-v1070 receiver that is 10 years old.

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the DSP-AZ1 anc can tell you that it is a fantastic unit. The SONY is also a formidable unit and ultimately it depends on your taste. IMHO, the Yamaha has the best DSP performance between the two of them.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
If you are considering Sony receivers, then why not consider the STR-DA4ES. The 7ES only has slightly more power than the 4ES and has an upgraded remote. However, I don't think the "extras" that are included with 7ES are worth the additional cost.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you have been happy with the performance of your Yamaha RX-V1070, why not continue down the same path. The RX-Z1 really is a wonderful piece of hardware, not to belittle the Sony unit, but as you noted they are different pieces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.