AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for input on which one you would pick (or did pick) and why? the Pioneer looks to have more connectivity including 1397, AC3 RF for legacy LD and 1 More HDMI - both dont do 3D, but that is not a big deal to me. They both have good power, but the Elite seems to edge out the Yamaha. The Yamaha(11.2) has one more channel hen the Pioneer (10.2). I must say that the Pioneer sure looks great with the LCD display on the front and standing at almost 12 inches high!!

Looking for input.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

Tough choice. I would go with the Susano or SC-09TX. I would also be looking out for deals on Denon AVR-5308CI's now that they soon will be able to be upgraded to HDMI 1.4 and Audyssey MultEQ XT32.

While 3D is of no interest to me and it seems to you, Audyssey XT32 really is quite good. Given that both the Z11 and 09TX are still fetching a considerable sum, I would definitely put the 5308 in the mix. If spending that much, why not at least have the flexibility to have a totally up to date AVR?

Another direction would be to get a Denon AVR-4311 and something like the Outlaw 7500. Not even Denon's gonzo AVR-5805 can come close to the power in the 7500. If needing to spend less, a used Parasound HCA-2205AT offers a great deal of power and is very close in specs to the $4500 Dollar Parasound Halo A51. However, the Outlaw offers even more power than either Parasound,

Cheers,

AD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts