AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been all over the board here and I recognize I am mostly soliciting opinions.

Which is better? Music? HT? Ease of use? Useful life? etc?

I had the RX-Z11 for about 3 weeks, and while I enjoyed the sound it put out, my wife hated the remote and I hated the fact that on day 3 of ownership HDMI output 1 quit working in the middle of a movie. HDMI 2 worked fine. The retailer had ordered a replacement, but after 2.5 weeks there was no imminent replacement so I returned it. I am now strongly considering the PE Sc-27.

I recognize the power of the RX-Z11 and its 11.2 Channel superiority, but I find the ICE AMPs and dual concurrent ability to output over both HDMI simultaneously attractive.

I need some help from the experts. I am not open to any other alternatives such Denon or Onkyo so those fans are welcome to post their endorsements on other threads. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver5thGen /forum/post/18161992

I've been all over the board here and I recognize I am mostly soliciting opinions.

Which is better? Music? HT? Ease of use? Useful life? etc?

I had the RX-Z11 for about 3 weeks, and while I enjoyed the sound it put out, my wife hated the remote and I hated the fact that on day 3 of ownership HDMI output 1 quit working in the middle of a movie. HDMI 2 worked fine. The retailer had ordered a replacement, but after 2.5 weeks there was no imminent replacement so I returned it. I am now strongly considering the PE Sc-27.

I recognize the power of the RX-Z11 and its 11.2 Channel superiority, but I find the ICE AMPs and dual concurrent ability to output over both HDMI simultaneously attractive.

I need some help from the experts. I am not open to any other alternatives such Denon or Onkyo so those fans are welcome to post their endorsements on other threads. Thanks in advance!

Have a look at this Pioneer SC27 review: http://hometheatermag.com/receivers/...er/index.html#

1 - 2 of 2 Posts