AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I upgraded from my old 2700 to the z7 and all I can say while sitting here listening for awhile James Taylor and Carole king live at the troubadour this unit blows away the 2700 in stereo ..it has got it all..smooth but just enuf bite great dynamics..this thing is def more powerful than the 2700...the z7 is awesome!!! The acoustic guitars sound better too..it is an immediate....noticable difference!!!

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Just came across this post. It's interesting, because on paper, the 2700 and Z7 have the same power supply, and seem to have the same amp design. There could be small differences in the amp design that are not obvious to me though.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes .. It definitely has something that the 2700 didn't have ...it def has more clean power .. Where with the 2700 while no slouch itself.. I do not feel the need at all to add an external amp with the z7... It is that good!! It sounds like to me it is putting out close to full spec if not more at 2 and 5 channels driven .. Possibly a little lower at 6 channels since I use one single rear center but even then still quite clean and powerful ,..... In fact I think the yamaha " house sound" sounds more musical than alot of higher powered amps .. Just my .02!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.