AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha RX-Z9 that is connected to my Blu-ray player via 7.1 analog inputs. When I play back via the Multi Channel input I get signals to all the speakers and the subwoofer. When I switch on the Pure Direct setting (which is my preference) I get signals to all the speakers but nothing to the subwoofer. Anyone out there with RX-Z9 experience that would have a suggestion to resolve this?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I have a Z7 which may be somewhat similar in design. I tested this on the only SACD I have, Dark Side of the Moon. I touched the powered sub's cone, and it was definitely getting a signal, even when I turned Pure Direct on.

I am not sure what the benefit of Pure Direct for the MC analog input is though, as I would not think there's anything that can by bypassed. Maybe just that it turns off the video circuitry?

It's possible your Z9 works differently than my Z7.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it shuts down the video circuitry which I do not use as my system is switched outside the receiver via HDMI. The Pure Direct sends the decided signal straight from the Blu-ray player without any additional decoding or effects added in the receiver.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My SVS Ultra Subs are powered by a separate amp. The amp shows the signal strength and output on the front panel. It shows no signal when Pure Direct is switched on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts