AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might anyone have an idea? My situation is that I bought my Yamaha RX- Z9 without its remote and setup mic, not knowing that there are 2 remotes plus the mic.

In pricing the remotes, I see that the main one (RAV-229) is $156.00, and the other is $78.00. A bit steep relative to my purchase price. Plus the cost of the setup mic, if I want it, too.

Presently, the Z9 is set on Zone 2, and, evidently, that cannot be changed back to Zone 1 without the remote. Or so I am told by the Support Techs at Yamaha. And they say that the RAV-350 remote that they show paired with the Z9 on their website is not correct. Naturally, I do have an RAV-352 that looks exactly the same as the 350, but I assume it will not operate properly either (though, I do get some response from it as I muddle around with things).

Would anyone have any idea if:
  1. there may be any other way to "fix" the access and menu difficulties I am having;
  2. a "good" Harmony or other universal might be able to crack access into its operations?

Any other idea?

I know that hoping is not much of a strategy, but that is where I am . . . .

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Might anyone have an idea? My situation is that I bought my Yamaha RX- Z9 without its remote and setup mic, not knowing that there are 2 remotes plus the mic.

In pricing the remotes, I see that the main one (RAV-229) is $156.00, and the other is $78.00. A bit steep relative to my purchase price. Plus the cost of the setup mic, if I want it, too.

Presently, the Z9 is set on Zone 2, and, evidently, that cannot be changed back to Zone 1 without the remote. Or so I am told by the Support Techs at Yamaha. And they say that the RAV-350 remote that they show paired with the Z9 on their website is not correct. Naturally, I do have an RAV-352 that looks exactly the same as the 350, but I assume it will not operate properly either (though, I do get some response from it as I muddle around with things).

Would anyone have any idea if:
  1. there may be any other way to "fix" the access and menu difficulties I am having;
  2. a "good" Harmony or other universal might be able to crack access into its operations?

Any other idea?

I know that hoping is not much of a strategy, but that is where I am . . . .

Thanks!
Thanks, anyway, for the replies that would have come . . . .

Problem solved. I sold the receiver, and gave the purchaser a credit for the replacement remote controls.

Now we can get on with other, more important things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts