AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I just purchased an Anthem MRX 710 to replace my Yamaha RXA 2000, but my intention is to use the Yamaha to power the rear and center channel. Is this possible to use with the Anthem?

I know the Yamaha and the Anthem have trigger outs, but there is no trigger in. Is there some way to do this?

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have a logitech remote.

How would I have the two work together though?

What connection out from the Anthem would I put in on the Yamaha?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much.

Would you recommend that I run the center and rears with the Yamaha or just the rears and leave the front 3 channels to the Anthem?

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again.

I'm failing to do this however haha.

I've looked over both manuals quite thoroughly.

I hook the rear right and left pre outs to the multi channel yamaha right and left surround inputs.

Yet, there is no sound coming out of the rear speakers.

What do I have to turn on/off, select etc?

Thanks again very much!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, I have sound.

You recommend a universal remote so that both receivers can have their volume controlled independently?

There is no way to have the Anthem control the volume on the Yamaha I presume?

I guess I would set the volume on the Yamaha to a certain level for the rears and run ARC on the Anthem. Using the universal remote, both receivers would adjust volume at the same time?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems to work Ok, but I really can't figure out how to have both units have their volume controlled at the same time.

Anyone know how to do this? Or can I not use the Yamaha anymore. :-(

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Or just keep the Yamaha and return the Anthem? The Yamaha has a better feature set. Is the Anthem really that much better?

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PannTher  /t/1525042/yamaha-rxa-pre-pro-trigger-question#post_24553509

Or just keep the Yamaha and return the Anthem? The Yamaha has a better feature set. Is the Anthem really that much better?

Keep the one that has the features you will use and either sell or return the other. You will not gain anything with what you are trying to do by connecting the two of them together. Run each EQ program and go with the one you like the most and has the connectivity you need. If it were me I would keep the Anthem due to its ARC program. It's a good one. Hope this helps in some way. Also why can't you connect the Anthem to your network?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks very much. I already own the Yamaha. I find the Anthem sounds better, but prefer the features on the Yammy.

I guess I'll get an amp at some point instead. No point in spending so much for solely the ARC I guess.

My network connects to the Anthem, but I can't use my apps to control it like I can udnp with the Yammy...

Thanks

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
There you go. What speakers are you using? Do you feel that the rear speakers are not giving you the sound you want from them? If so just set that A2000 up with a Rat Shack meter and see if that does any better than YPAO.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. I'll be using B&W CM9s with a CMC2 center and CM1 rears.

If I sell the Yamaha, the Anthem won't be too much extra. I wonder if the difference is worth ARC?

I am happy with the Yamaha however.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PannTher  /t/1525042/yamaha-rxa-pre-pro-trigger-question#post_24553808

Thanks. I'll be using B&W CM9s with a CMC2 center and CM1 rears.

If I sell the Yamaha, the Anthem won't be too much extra. I wonder if the difference is worth ARC?

I am happy with the Yamaha however.

Sub(s)? If none is your answer then the best thing IMO is to get one or two good ones. SVS makes very good subs and will let you try them out for 45 days.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52  /t/1525042/yamaha-rxa-pre-pro-trigger-question#post_24553957

Sub(s)? If none is your answer then the best thing IMO is to get one or two good ones. SVS makes very good subs and will let you try them out for 45 days.

I have two custom subs from Funk Audio, so am good there.

More interested in the sound between an Anthem and a Yamaha. Such conflicting reports and I don't know what my ears are telling me haha.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Well then if the Yamaha has the features you want then keep the A2000. That AVR is tweakable. When I was using my A3000 I preferred the Natural setting and went from there. Also realize that the Yamaha's only calibrate the subs down to 31hz, so some tweaking there can also help.

·
Banned
431 Posts
If you want to use the Yamaha as an amp set a volume level the corresponds to the same volume as the anthem played very loud. Then set that volume as the initial volume on the Yamaha so it always turns on to that volume. It wont always play that loud because the volume would actually be adjusted by the feed from the Anthem. You don't need to use two volume controls.

However, I agree that I would just use one receiver or the other. I would prefer the anthem as well. I had an anthem 700 and now a 710. I also owned various Yamaha receivers like the 3020 and 820 before that. I prefer the sound of the anthem. I use a universal remote so I don't care about being able to control it with an app. The Yamaha does have more features. Whichever one suits your needs keep in your system. Both companies make good receivers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts