AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently moved home and decided to buy new speakers and speaker cable (some in wall) Anyway, after I reconnected all of my home theatre speakers to my receiver, I ran the auto setup using my optimizer mic and surprisingly the test came back that I had 3 of my speakers at the incorrect polarity ?????

Now, I know I'm not so much of a dumb beast to mix up putting the red banana plug in the red slot and the black in the black.. Always using my marked wire as my positive.. So how can this be?

I'm 100% that I've got red in red and blk in blk, but the tests are showing reversed polarity in three of my speakers.. I swapped over the speakers that came up in error and re-ran the tests and the problem was fixed.

But I can't rest knowing that I've now got red in blk just to make my receiver test happy.

Has anyone else come across this problem when running the wiring test before.

What else could be causing this.. and most importantly what would you (the experts do) leave it as is, to keep the receiver wiring test happy, or put it back the way it should be.

TBH, I was unable to determine any difference in sound quality from either configuration. Maybe it was a little clearer and louder in my original config, before running the tests, but that could really be my mind / ear playing tricks on me.

I need some advice here on why and what....

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
Put it back the way it was .... some speakers are wired out of phase on purpose and in some cases due to the placement in the room, they will just be perceived as being out of phase. As long as you have confirmed they are wired correctly, you should be good to go. In Denon Owner manuals, it specifically notes that if you have confirmed the wiring is correct, to just ignore the "Phase" error message. There is likely similar wording in your Yamaha manual as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.