Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 5 channel Sunfire Cinema Grand amp I'm going to use for the 5 main speakers.

I am debating on buying the RSV 1400 or 2400, and using only two channels of either products amplification to power the surround back channels.

Is there any other difference in these processors? I'm guessing I should save the extra $$$ and get the 1400, since they appear to be exactly the same with the exception of wattage.

Also, is there any other receiver out there like a denon, sony or Pioneer that would be equivalent in features and surround modes that may be a better buy?

Thx,

E

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
There is no processor difference between the two. The 2400 has a little more power, and an RS232 port for possible upgrades.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
A couple of other differences - the 2400 has macro functions on the remote, larger capacitors, 2 more dsp modes, and zone 2 video output via composite or s-video. The rs232 is the biggest thing to me, because we will be able to update the soundfields (i.e. PLIIx).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fireshoes... I emailed Yamaha on the rs232 port and have no answer yet. I asked about upgrading to PLIIx. On the dolby site they mention that the Z9 is PLIIx but in the Yamaha literature is does not say that. Dolby also says theoreticly is is possible to upgrade but they do not list the 2400 as being updateable.

On The dolby site you and go to PLIIx and under FAQs or Manufacturers you will get some info.. I cant post a link because I have not posted 5 times.. House rules... Im sure you cand find the site. Bob

The Z9 is the only Yamaha that is mentioned as being upgradeable by Dolby.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey All,

Found this in PLIIx FAQ's. Sounds like it could be an option.

Casey

"35. Is there an upgrade path available for integrating Dolby Pro Logic IIx into existing 7.1 products?

It is theoretically possible that AV receivers and processors incorporating sufficient available DSP memory and equipped with an RS-232 connector can be upgraded to Pro Logic IIx capability."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.